angle-right Refer a Friend angle-right
Project Engineer Apply Now angle-right
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our Tararua Alliance team are gearing up for developing and delivering a multi-million dollar road improvement project for Route 52. Reporting to the Project Manager, you'll be responsible for a variety of tasks to support the development of scope and designs,
then working alongside the delivery team to ensure work is completed to a high standard and the key outcomes of the project are achieved.
What's in it for you?
You'll Be Rewarded With
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience and work with a high performing team who believes in collaboration and trust.
- An opportunity to see and experience the lifecycle of the entire project from start to finish.
- A competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development
- An opportunity to work within an Alliance where clients are not just your clients but your work partners.
About the role
While managing the sites and ensuring the productivity of the projects, your responsibilities will also include to
You'll be assisting our technical team onsite with drawings, compliance and quality checks of the designs and drawings.
- Provide technical support to the Project Manager and Supervisor to ensure the project requirements are met and the resources are optimised
- Develop good working relationship with our clients, subcontractors and members of the public.
- Assist the Project Manager with quality compliance documentation including financial monitoring against the work programme.
- Work with estimators and surveyors and also be able to whip up some basic drawings on site when needed.
You'll Also Have
It goes without saying that you need to be a star problem-solver, innovative and able to think on your feet along with a couple of years of experience in construction industry.
- Knowledge and suitable level of experience in AutoCAD, (or similar) design software
- An understanding of strategic asset management and local authority activities
- Experience and knowledge in Civil Construction compliance testing and the recording of quality assurance documentation
- The ability to create and deliver a strong customer focus culture, and build long term client relationships
Keeping an eye on the end goal would be the secret to success in this role. Maybe you're looking for your next challenge or an experienced Project Engineer looking for a change? Either way you'll be open and adaptable to change and passionate about planning, construction preferably earthworks, pavements or structures.
How to Apply?
If you're looking for a great opportunity to develop and enhance your skills and experience in a diverse and collaborative team, then don't delay and Apply Now! Visit and search for #573134 to submit your interest.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Show moreShow less