Honeywell International Inc.
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Join a team recognized for leadership, top innovator and diversity
Exciting Leadership Opportunity within the Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) organization!
The position is for Lead Systems Engineer for Radios & GNSS group within Communication, Navigation & Surveillance COE at HTS India. Primary responsibilities include,
- Be a Lead Systems Engineer of the NPI development project responsible for definition of requirements, architecture, design.
- Provide technical support for products - field investigation, application support and factory support
- Guide the development process and create artifacts that meet FAA/EASA requirements
- Engages with business partners and actively contributes to business growth and innovation.
Devises sustainable growth, competitive and differentiation strategies and promotes innovation across teams. Guides team on innovation, review ideas and ensure they are directed to right person is in the role of Intellectual Property Portfolio Manager. Accountable for QE process, works with technical teams to guide them on technical risks, opportunities and assumptions and arrive at efficient estimates.
Actively engages with key stakeholders and cross functional teams to achieve business objectives, implement best practices. A change agent and a practitioner of organizational initiatives. Works with product engineering managers in US and HTS, to help build technical capabilities in the team with hands on experiences, prototyping on ideas and industry technologies.
Drive the product mindset in team, mentor and inspire junior engineers. Work towards realizing the STRAP priorities and realizing the same in the STRAP period. Anticipates industry trends and actively networks with Industry bodies and associations. Contributes to enhancing Honeywell's sustainable competitive advantage. Leads teams through application of profound or broad product /technical know-how within or across job areas, is cognizant of the latest technology trends in the business.
Few of additional responsibilities: -
- NPI - Evaluate and suggest suitable technologies for product development, Work as interface between HTS and Honeywell chief engineers/Fellows and influence technical decisions. Principal author or co-author of multiple project proposals which were selected for funding.
- Lead Product Technical Council - Accountable and owner of technical decision during product development. Drive decisions during PDR, CDR and other Compliance Reviews.
- Strategic Responsibilities - Lead the technical contributions in the domain and provide inputs to STRAP, GSF and PAC. Drive / Collaborate on regional initiatives and pursuits
- Create Competitive Intelligence information, identify the gaps and work towards creating new products / features to make Honeywell offerings competitive.
- Plan common capital expenses.
- Manage common processes and best practices - Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria within a related function/field. Generate, evaluate, select and implement solutions which are equal to the industry’s state of the art
You Must Have
- BE/B.Tech or M.E/M.Tech with atleast 15+ Yrs of experience in AEROSPACE industry in building and certifying products related to CNS (Radios & GNSS will be an advantage).
- Experience in leading technical design and architecture for product development. Lead & drive technical proposals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information clearly so that it may be understood by both technical and non-technical individuals
- Two or more years of experience in handling a product line or lead systems role driving functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience in progressively challenging and Responsible roles.
- Must have experience working in Matrix organization structure.
- Understanding of the current product line and technical challenges in Radios & GNSS product line and to arrive at new solutions through development of prototypes, proof of concepts and creating new pursuits
- Experience providing technical leadership to a cross discipline, cross site team
- Experience with Configuration Management and Change Request tools like DOORs, Clear Case, Clear Quest, JIRA, BitBucket, Bamboo
- Experience with product certification guided by FAA/EASA requirements, DO-160, DO-178 B&C;, ARP4754A process compliance
- Experience with OEM requirements and development processes
- Experience with hardware design, test and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated communication, relationship and team building skills
- Action Oriented: Works hard, full of energy; not fearful of acting with best data even if incomplete; seizes opportunities when they arise
- JOB ID: HRD114138
Email this job
Send this job to yourself or a colleague.
Sign up for alerts and get notified when jobs like this are posted.
Enter Email address
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Join The Talent Honeywell Community
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.