Honeywell International Inc.
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Join a team recognized for leadership, top innovator and diversity
Exciting Leadership Opportunity within the Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) organization!
The position is for Lead Software Engineer for Radar group within Communication, Navigation & Surveillance COE at HTS India. Primary responsibilities include
- Be a lead software engineer of the NPI development project responsible for software requirements, architecture, design, coding.
- Provide technical support for products - field investigation, application support and factory support
- Guide the development process and create artifacts that meet FAA/EASA requirements
- Engages with business partners and actively contributes to business growth and innovation.
Be part of a global team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software functions within Honeywell Aerospace Electronic Solutions, CNS (Communication, Navigation, & Surveillance). Main objective will be to develop, test and integrate robust well documented embedded software at both a high and low level that interacts directly with hardware. You will be instrumental in designing, planning and coordinating work teams, as well as providing technical support. Utilize software expertise and scientific knowledge on software design and architecture to lead development activities.
Drive growth as a technology leader and interface with internal and external customers and partners. Engages with business partners and actively contributes to business growth. Devises sustainable growth, competitive and differentiation strategies and promotes innovation across teams. Conceptualize, design, plans and implement innovative technologies that enable new and competitive products, derives process improvements. Accountable for estimates, works with technical teams to guide and resolve technical risks and assumptions, drive to realize opportunities and arrive at efficient estimates.
Actively engages with key stakeholders and cross functional teams to achieve business objectives. A change agent and a practitioner of organizational initiatives. Works with product engineering managers in US and HTS, to help build technical capabilities in the team with hands on experiences, prototyping on ideas and industry technologies. Mentoring and upskilling the team for the product development and towards technology advancements from the industry.
Drive the product mindset in team, inspire junior engineers. Work towards realizing the STRAP priorities and realizing the same in the STRAP period. Anticipates industry trends and actively networks with Industry bodies and associations. Contributes to enhancing Honeywell's sustainable competitive advantage. Leads teams through application of profound or broad product /technical know-how within or across job areas, is cognizant of the latest technology trends in the business.
Few of additional responsibilities: -
- NPI - Evaluate and suggest suitable technologies for product development, Work as interface between HTS and Honeywell chief engineers/Fellows and influence technical decisions. Principal author or co-author of multiple project proposals which were selected for funding.
- Lead Product Technical Council - Accountable and owner of technical decision during product development. Drive decisions during PDR, CDR and other Compliance Reviews.
- Strategic Responsibilities - Lead the technical contributions in the domain and provide inputs to STRAP, GSF and PAC. Drive / Collaborate on regional initiatives and pursuits.
- Create Competitive Intelligence information, identify the gaps and work towards creating new products / features to make Honeywell offerings competitive.
- Manage common processes and best practices - Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria within a related function/field. Generate, evaluate, select and implement solutions which are equal to the industry’s state of the art
You Must Have
- BE/B.Tech or M.E/M.Tech with 15+ Yrs of experience in AEROSPACE industry in building and certifying products related to CNS (Radar will be an advantage).
- Experience in leading technical design and architecture for product development. Lead & drive technical proposals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information clearly so that it may be understood by both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience with creating technical documents and developing software requirements from customer inputs along with experience in DO-178B/ DO-178C certification requirements and software versioning control is desired. Experience with hardware/software integration.
- Two or more years of experience in handling product development, software design, architectural elements.
- Demonstrated experience in progressively challenging and responsible roles.
- Experience providing technical leadership to a cross discipline, cross site team
- Experience working within Honeywell's software development processes for safety critical applications including Radar Products/Systems
- Advanced level knowledge of product algorithms
- Working knowledge of software certification processes and strategies including DO-178 B & C
- Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
- Analytical skills & software development skills
- Ability to break a complex problem into manageable parts and organize an approach and a solution in a systematic way.
- Ability to move into new teams and quickly learn project defined specific process while applying past knowledge and experience; adapt well to a changing environment, anticipate problems, recognize and eliminate barriers.
- JOB ID: HRD114002
- Location: Lot 115 (P),Nanakramguda Village,,Serilinganpally Madndal, RR District,Hyderabad,TELANGANA STATE,500019,India
Email this job
Send this job to yourself or a colleague.
Sign up for alerts and get notified when jobs like this are posted.
Enter Email address
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Join The Talent Honeywell Community
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.