The System Engineer/Product Specialist challenge in a few words:
Your main responsibility will be active involvement in the test product architecture and manufacture, specializing in the understanding of the design and construction to debug and maintain Averna products from a SW & HW perspective. This includes interfacing with the customer and getting involved in technical discussions of the actual design and future developments and improvements, as well as a strong understanding and knowledge of electric/electronic products lifecycle and quality processes.
This role will require coordinating resources in other regions to achieve the successful development of the product and the project’s objectives in collaboration with the Project Manager.
Your Contribution in this Role
- Identify, anticipate and solve possible quality issues before they happen;
- Debug and solve issues with equipment returning from the field;
- Support the entire lifecycle of projects and products;
- Develop system architectures and manufacturing plans for test products and stations;
- Support the manufacturing process of products and test stationsl
- Support activities and initiatives for continuous improvement of tools and development processes.
The Ideal Candidate in a Few Words
Degree: A Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
Experienced: At least 3-5 years of design for analog and/or digital electronic engineering and/or mechanic/automation applications preferably in the manufacturing industry;
- Intermediate knowledge in the main platforms from National Instruments: NI LabVIEW and NI TestStand. Knowledge and experience with NI SystemLink is an asset; Experience using NI Max;
- Advanced knowledge of National Instruments HW platforms such as NI cRIO and NI cDAQ; Logging in a cRIO console; Linux-based system experience;
- Strong in mechanical and electrical/electronic system debug: Understanding of digital and analog electronics and mechanical design; Experience in mechanical & electrical schematic interpretation; Strong failure analysis expertise and DFMEA Tools application;
- Knowledge of electronic components;
- Knowledge of thermal and electromagnetic compatibility;
- Knowledge of Power Quality Meters and Equipment;
- Bill of Materials (BOM) and Purchasing List (PL) management and maintenance;
- Experience in test station design and assembly is preferred;
Management/team player: Strong interpersonal skills, ability to take on role of technical leader for specific projects and work with engineers from software, system, and hardware disciplines; strong ownership of responsibilities, can be managed by objectives alone, but skilled at escalating issues when necessary;
Multilingual: Fluent in English written & spoken.
Mobility: You might have to travel for 2-4 week periods, when required by our customers.
The Averna Experience
Averna delivers industry-leading test solutions and services for communications and electronics device makers worldwide, accelerating product development, quality and innovation.
- Be [email protected]: Serve international customers worldwide and collaborate with multiple offices in Canada, U.S., Mexico, Europe and Asia.
- Drive [email protected]: Participate in the development of market-leading high-tech products in the telecom, transportation, electronics and multimedia sectors. Averna has created relationships in R&D (development of new technologies) with pioneers in virtual instrumentation, both test and measurement instruments, at the vanguard of technology worldwide. Engineers at Averna keep their professional profile up to date with the highest NI LabVIEW™ and NI TestStand™ certifications.
- Develop your [email protected]: Contribute in both challenging and thrilling projects, which will stretch your skills and talent to the maximum.
- Enjoy [email protected]: Be part of a fast growing company with products and engineers who earned awards thanks to their outstanding performance in the industry. Averna’s engineering processes satisfy the highest quality standards of the industry such as ISO, CSIA and Programming Standards/Guidelines, and they have also received the Graphical System Design Achievement Award.
- Share your [email protected]: Meet people passionate for the industry, and also enjoy our modern environment and dynamic atmosphere.
Don't forget to follow Averna's journey to becoming the best in its field, on YouTube and LinkedIn!