BYK USA Inc.
Naucalpan de Juárez
Your task structure
The Market Manager represents BYK USA in the NAFTA region (USA, Canada, & Mexico) as the expert for all technical and market aspects of the Adhesive & Sealants markets. Has a primary business responsibility for working with strategic and key customers in this market, which includes directing technical support in the U.S. and German labs. Supports the Global End Use Manager for Adhesive & Sealants, North American Industrial Applications Business Line Manager, Regional Technical Sales Representatives, and distribution partners with regard to technical support, technical marketing, and strategic planning. Monitor market trends, sales and competitive activity to drive business growth and seize opportunities.
This position also has direct sales responsibility for assigned major accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Affect the sales of BYK’s Adhesive & Sealants additives in the NAFTA region
- Responsibility for local technical customer service
- Direct sales responsibility for assigned accounts
- Direct all regional customer related activities (seminars, visits, projects, etc.)
- Coordination of regional TSR work with local lab and/or global labs
- Disciplinary responsibility for local End Use lab; could also include direct lab work
- Local resource allocation and functional coordinator of dedicated regional End Use staff
- Regional support for product launches
- Support idea generation process for new product developments targeting regional customer demands
- Cooperation with local R&D; units for regional product development
- Collaboration with R&D; project (testing)
- Coordination of customer visits with local sales organization
- Technical supervision and training of distributors, including supporting technical questions
- Cooperation with regional and/or global Marketing
- Organization of local customer events
- Strategic guidance of sales organization
- Support local exhibition activities (example, trade shows, industry meetings, etc.)
- Support for demand planning to sales and/or customer service
- Support regional and Business Line strategy development
- Gather regional market intelligence
- Responsibility for local STEP process
- Monitor the respective market and create, accordingly, customer reports, budgets, reports on trends, etc.
- Participate in worldwide End Use Team meetings
- International travel to Wesel and/or other labs for training and project work. Could be up to three weeks annually. Initial training could be 2-3 months for training.
- Able to manage people
- Communicate effectively with customers and coworkers
- Must be able to drive a car and fly on a plane, coping with conditions of extensive, international and overnight travel.
- Able to speak technically about the respective markets
- Able to perform laboratory functions and assist customers in their labs as needed
- Give technical presentations
- Train distributors for products applicable to ink industries
Your recipe for success
- Must have technical background, experience in Adhesive & Sealant markets and/or extensive knowledge of BYK Additives. Preferred to have formulated using additives.
- College degree required, preferably in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Previous experiences in ink formulations and ink lines
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Good listener
- Good oral/written communication ability
- Able to communicate benefits of BYK products
- Ability to manage time
- Good interpersonal ability
- Able to communicate and work closely other departments both within and outside of NAFTA
- Inquisitive enough to promote BYK products
- Possess and understanding of both commodities and specialty additives sales
- Familiar with market(s) served and key customers in the market
- Understands usage of additives; inclusive of all product groups
- Familiar with competition and knows strengths and weakness
- Understands global requirements of customers and reacts accordingly
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
Job number: US00356
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Region USA/Kanada/Mexiko
Area of operations: Verkauf & Außendienst