Who are we?
BlueOptima is a high growth technology company, providing objective software development productivity metrics. Our technology is used by some of the world’s largest organisations. We are looking for an Office and Operations Manager based in Guadalajara, to support full operations of the offices in the Americas and execute the department's global strategy.
Our HQ is in London, UK with 5 additional global offices in India, Mexico and the US.
BlueOptima is an equal opportunities employer.
BlueOptima Mission: To maximise the economic and social value that software engineering organisations are capable of delivering.
BlueOptima will be the global reference for the optimisation of the performance of Software Engineers.
Whom are we looking for?
Our groundbreaking technology requires highly skilled and talented people to quickly grasp technical challenges and devise solutions for them.
We are seeking a Senior Front End Software Engineer, with experience working on complex User Interface built on data warehouse solutions, to join our growing company and be a part of our success story. We are looking for an individual with great attention to detail, who is genuinely committed, confident and excited to work in an engaging and dynamic start-up environment. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and getting things to work while also leading by example in a team of skilled UI engineers to inspire excellence in their work.
What does the role involve?
This role requires an engineer with a thorough understanding of UI development principles and, in addition, a solid understanding of
Front-end technologies; in order to understand the Product as a whole and effectively communicate with the Back-end teams.
You will also be communicating with the users of the product on a regular basis to understand our clients’ requirements for the user interface and accordingly create requirements and plans to address them.
You would be working on a complex single-page web application, which is data-heavy and involves a great deal of report generation. The application is built on AngularJS and uses various other libraries for customization and generating charts (like HighCharts, D3, etc.).
- Participate and perform code review that aligns to required standards of security, performance and code-quality
- Interact with the users of the Interface to understand varying use cases and record requirements
- Work with the Support team to resolve issues raised by users and/or provide quick workarounds for significant issues
- Participate in solution architecture design and implementation
- Commitment to accomplishing the task at hand and identify the fastest and most reliable way to solve a problem
- Performance tuning of application code at different service levels and incorporating design changes to improve performance of the application
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure understanding of the implications of your UI implementation, how best they can test it, and which areas may require specific focus.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 6+ years of working experience on UI development
- Minimum 2+ years of hands-on experience with any modern JS framework i.e. React, Angular, Vue
- Strong understanding of browser compatibility issues and cross-browser implementation and testing
- Strong understanding of profiling application performance on different browsers, including measuring of memory used
- Strong understanding of UI usability aspects and working with Single Page Web Application
- Thorough understanding of RESTful web services and experience working with them.
- Ability to understand business and functional requirements specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with UI (Integration test, E2E, BDD) testing (e.g. Protractor, selenium, Cucumber)
- Experience in CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins
- Experience using task tracking system like Jira and distributed version control system like Git
- Experience using using build tools e.g. grunt, gulp
- Experience with using NodeJS to emulate server and host application locally without deployment on an app-server.
- Experience with responsive design and/or material, flexbox, grid design
- Experience working together with Product Manager and Design teams
Why work for us?
- Above market remuneration
- Above market vacations
- Potential stock options
- Major Medical Insurance (Dental, Vision, maternity and abroad emergencies support)
- Gym, Spa, medical lab, psychological and physical therapy discounts
- Great modern office in an ideal location and with free coffee and beer
- Travel opportunities to BlueOptima's international offices including worldwide annual retreats
- Work on real-world problems to which solution cannot simply be found on the internet
- Our fast-growing company offers the potential for rapid career progression