Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support.
Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics serving the global clinical laboratory and immunohematology communities. Across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks, and labs in more than 120 countries, Ortho's high-quality products and services enable healthcare professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. This is what has defined Ortho for more than 75 years, and it's what drives Ortho forward.
The Opportunity / La oportunidad
Ortho Clinical Mexico is searching a new Senior Field Engineer to be based in Monterrey who will be responsible for:
- Schedules and performs Periodic Maintenance, installation, repair and modification of equipment within assigned areas of responsibility. Is responsible to maintain all equipment and systems to attain designated product performance metrics. Identifies root cause(s) utilizing comprehensive diagnostic processes and takes appropriate corrective action adhering to defined Complaint Handling Process.
- Maintains all records in accordance with regulatory requirements. This includes following the defined Complaint Handling Procedures relative to complaint identification, documentation, resolution, and escalation.
- Conducts technical training and product briefing with customers, vendors and company representatives as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing all assigned company assets that may include but are not limited to: Tools, parts inventory, company vehicle, computer & accessories.
- Supports sales partners efforts to attain business objectives.
- Functions as Team Leader for an assigned group of 3 to 5 Field Service Engineers; is responsible for providing assistance and direction with call flow management; routine assessment of individual team member training needs; clarification specific to administrative tasks and asset management responsibilities of Field Service Engineer position.
- Functions as first level technical resource for both team and non-team members. Demonstrates advanced level of expertise in all aspects of technical competencies.
- Mentors Field Service Engineers in all aspects of business administrative responsibilities.
- Provides assistance to the Field Service Coordinator on assigned projects
The Individual / La persona
- B.S. Electric, Biomedical, Mechanical or related engineering
- 3 to 5 years of field experience as service engineer
- Languages English advanced.
- Travel 65% of the time
- Based in Mexico City