Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the industry towards a more responsible use of the world’s natural resources?
As a newly combined company Metso Outotec creates a unique workplace. Combining the strengths of two companies we offer stronger platform for growth and innovation.
This is your opportunity to join the positive change.
LOCATION: North Bay, Canada; Irapuato, Mexico; or York, PA
To provide mill lining product support to MA’s (sales/technical sales support), OEM’s, supply chain, and customers in the defined region through extensive product and application knowledge for all mill lining products.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To participate in/perform/create:
- Evaluation of input for quotations and design (info, data, and drawings)
- Design selection (basic design and layout selection, optimized designs)
- Prepare all types of quotations (new, repeat, OEM, budget, and firm) and assure OTD of proposals.
- Preparation material for contracts (design, calculations, wear life cycles, spares/stock/consignment aspects)
- Preparation of sales materials (e.g. technical presentations, detailed proposal drawings, 3D pictures, diagrams/charts, value calculations/calculator)
- Wear and performance monitoring, follow-up, estimations, and reporting
- Warranties, FOC (know when to issue them, how to submit them, and follow-up on them)
- Standardization and product range issues
- To provide technical and application support for the mill lining organization in the defined region, covering all mill lining products Support Customer order engineering with data, solutions, and decisions Obtain and use up-to-date costing and lead-time information from the supply chain, utilize reference costing tools and Zoffert Customer visits, technical support, and installation supervision in cooperation with MA’s/Technical Sales & Services when required Provide technical/application insights from the region into global ML product development Use and maintain Fileit, paper files to be uploaded to Fileit Maintain/Create ML Installed base reference database in Fileit Initiate market or application-related tests and follow up on results Maintain Fileit Job Cases for QUO Process (within the Opp) through Salesforce Review Purchase Orders, create/cleanse GQS & PCM data prior to Sales order being entered Maintain Salesforce QUO process as assigned to you by the Product Support Manager Assist in Order review and follow up with the Quote and order management team. Maintain and follow through with proper handover documentation for orders that require COE for R&PM; & MML to the stakeholders or interested parties for Order entry Know when to utilize the specialists/application engineers within our region to assist with the QUO and design selection as may be required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent work experience from relevant products
- Prior experience in mill lining products and business highly preferred, but not a must to have
- Located in one of the key locations in the defined region
- Comfortable communicating in English, verbally as well as in writing
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Position requires a high level of service mindedness, ability to work alone or within various teams long or short term, creativity and innovation abilities
- To develop extensive product and application knowledge
- Ability to see the whole picture, see alternatives, and be solution-oriented , to find Win-Win solutions
- A highly motivated and flexible individual with the ability to work with many different things in parallel, a mix of short support issues and more long-term projects, be able to manage their time effectively
- Ability to participate in the planning as well as to take physical part of installation and service work
- Ability to network, cooperate and communicate effectively with relevant market areas, product line, supply chain, and other counterparts
- Computer skills to handle the required software
- Experienced CAD user (Inventor) – training will be supplied as needed
- Understanding of customer existing/future needs/objectives and market requirements
- Strong communication, co-operation, interpersonal, and presentation skills to manage internal and external interfaces
- Ability to travel
- Full driver’s license
- Well-selected customized mill lining design/quotation proposals and qualified product support to internal and external counterparts in the defined region Reinforcing Mill Lining product expertise in the defined region Together with MA and supply consolidating Metso’s image as a solution provider Successful applications, optimized designs, and constant improvements Strong long-term relationships internally and externally through dedication, service-mindedness, and knowledge
- A friendly, respectful environment that values high ambition, putting our customers in the center of all we do, getting it done together, and open and honest communication.
- Challenging opportunities that contribute to the development and enhancement of Metso Outotec’s industry-leading solutions.
- Regular opportunities to work in a global community.
- Pride in contributing to an industry leader providing end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, andmetals refining industries globally.
As a multi-national company Metso Outotec values and thrives on diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, metals refining and recycling industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change.