Lovelace Health Plan
San José Alburquerque
San José Alburquerque, Chih.
Pharmacy Resident, Pharmacy Resident Program, Full-Time, Variable Hours, Albuquerque, NM
We are looking for a Pharmacy Resident to join our Pharmacy Resident Program in Albuquerque, NM.
This full time job is located at Lo velace Medical Center, in the heart of Albuquerque. We are an acute care hospital providing comprehensive care, including around-the-clock emergency care, surgical services, non-invasive robotic spine surgery, cardiology, stroke care, radiology and oncology services, including the state’s only Gamma Knife Center for non-invasive radiologic brain surgery.
Pharmacy Resident Job Responsibilities:
- The LMC Pharmacy PGY1 residency serves as an opportunity for residents to be an essential part of our health care team, while providing further experience in multiple facets of hospital practice.
- Residents are expected to complete required objectives during their 12 month tenure. This includes consulting with and education of physicians, other health care professionals and patients and their families; regarding drug usage, dosage, efficacy, substitution, side effects and adverse reactions.
- In addition, manage cost-effective drug usage, increase quality of care to patients, participate in quality programs, complete patient care assignments and ensure hospital and departmental policies and procedures are upheld.
Pharmacy Resident Education and Experience Job Requirements:
- Minimum: To qualify as a residency candidate, applicants must be graduate pharmacists from an accredited college of pharmacy (preferred: PharmD with Pharmacotherapy Board Certification)
- Healthcare Provider CPR certified or must obtain such certification within 30 days of beginning date and maintain annual Tuberculin Skin test.
- Clinical experience; Supervisory experience; Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects and deal with stressful situations; Ability to identify and resolve problems; Ability to motivate and influence people and analyze and interpret clinical and financial data. Advanced information systems and technology skills.
- Preferred: Bilingual - English/Spanish
- Must be licensed in the state of New Mexico or obtain such licensure within 90 days of start date
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work, 2017 , 2018 and 2019.
- Mida s+ Platinum Quality Award, 2016
- Tr uven Top 15 Health System, 2016
- Recognized by Healthgrades for quality achievements in best specialty, cardiac, orthopedics, neurosciences, pulmonary, vascular and gastrointestinal categories.
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.
Pharmacy - Lovelace Medical Center
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.