The world is producing and storing more data than ever before. How would you like to join the Azure SQL team to keep that data safe and efficient?
In the cloud-based world, running our Azure service reliably and efficiently is key to Microsoft's growth and future. Azure SQL is one of the biggest services hosted by Azure. Together we build on Azure's phenomenal growth and success. We are building trustworthy telemetry infrastructure and analytics to help us keep the service running smoothly, prevent and reduce outages and increase customer satisfaction. In constantly improving our scalability, reliability, and security, we aim to monitor our large-scale service in real time,
reduce noise in the system and have auto tuning solutions and self-remediation via bots. We are building intelligent and smart diagnostics infrastructure to auto detect and fix problems that our customers face with their Azure resources. It involves building large scale low latency distributed service, building framework for adding diagnostics to make inferences, and using intelligence to predict problems. The goal is to build services that delights our customers, solves their problems as quickly as possible and prevent them proactively. We collaborate with data scientists on innovative solutions to improve customer experience with Azure SQL by leveraging this telemetry data and pipeline in new ways.
Our Business Analytics Team drives all Azure SQL's key cold path telemetry and metrics that enable executive leadership to drive a product growth strategy. We empower the SQLDB engineering, data scientist and business teams with rich product telemetry and intelligence, rapid experimentation, and robust GDPR compliant user data sets to experiment and deploy new ideas, measure customer engagement, model usage, and monitor product health continuously.
We are looking for a talented engineer who is passionate about building scalable infrastructure, big data platforms and intelligence solutions that are impactful in real world products to enable businesses to optimize and grow their offerings for customers around the world.
In this role, you will be responsible to enhance the infrastructure that is currently used to run all of SQLDB and Azure Data services cold path telemetry and business analytics pipelines. You will be accountable for building and operationalizing critical components and infrastructure to ensure the data coming in and going out are of the highest data quality and integrity in an automated manner. You will also be partnering closely with feature developers, program managers and data scientists to utilize petabytes of data and translate them into actionable insights. Furthermore, The services built and operated by you would rival the absolute best in the industry in engineering, operations, and usability excellence.
You are a great fit for this position if you:
- Have strong passion for data, building reliable and accurate data ecosystem that powers end-to-end user scenarios and used in business decisions.
- Highly believe that data is an asset that must be accessible to and applicable by every function in a modern business to guide and assess growth investments.
- Are a software engineer who is passionate about data engineering and believe that it is one of a kind emerging discipline and career path that you want to grow in.
- Enjoy building and operating data services at petabyte and higher scales to enable data driven organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Statistics or Physics OR in place of these 2+ years of industry software engineering experience
- Minimum 2 years of programming experience writing code in Java, C++, C#, or C or other object-oriented programming language
- Great curiosity and willingness to question
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in database and data warehouse application design and development
- Experience developing and managing scalable cloud services
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Familiarity with enterprise data platforms and analytics solutions, like Azure Data Lake, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Data Factory.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Data engineering experience in operationalizing data science model or building data engineering pipeline is a plus, but not required.
#AZDAT #ENGGJOBS #DTPJOBS
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.