Contributes to account planning and stakeholder management within an industry. Identifies customer business needs within industry and provides guidance and recommendations aligned with customer needs. Collaborates with internal teams to identify, generate, and nurture new opportunities. Engages customer business decision makers and articulates Microsoft's business value as they increase digital presence, leveraging industry expertise, initiating conversations on digital transformation, providing demonstrations, and showing business cases. Seeks and leverages feedback from customers and partners. Contributes to industry events, presentations, or engagements. Builds industry expertise, contributes to training materials,
and supports internal community sharing. Collaborates with partners to plan and execute on opportunities, scale business results, and generate industry solution opportunities.
Planning and Engagement
- Serves as a thought leader on industry-focused sales within Microsoft and as the Industry subject matter expert in digital transformation account planning. Engages with internal and external stakeholders on account planning and partner business planning Independent Service Provider [ISP]), System Integrator) and reviews plans for targeted accounts and strategic accounts.
- Proactively continues to build the external stakeholder network and leverages internal stakeholders to engage them. Acts as an industry advisor to the executive-level business decision makers at the customer's business. Shares best practices in stakeholder management across industries.
- Identifies business needs and industry readiness of customers. Collaborates with the account management team and internal partners to land value propositions for solutions with customers. Helps craft prioritized services and solutions that align with customers' needs.
- Provides guidance to account teams from industry perspective on early stages of opportunity engagements with customers of strategic accounts to identify, generate, and foster new business opportunities through industry solutions. Orchestrates appropriate resources to converge, support, and convert opportunities into deals. Collaborates with the account management teams and internal and external stakeholders to build a pipeline within the industry and territory. Aligns sales opportunities to customer business objectives to help customers achieve business results. Executes broad localization of worldwide play into the field to drive for scale.
- Engages with senior decision makers within customers to identify, generate and nurture new business opportunities through industry solutions. Articulates strategic business value and long-term implications of using Microsoft's products, services, solutions, and existing features of their digital portfolio to create mutually-beneficial business value propositions as they digitally transform their business.
- Initiates conversations with strategic customers using demonstrations and business cases to bring innovative ideas that showcase the need for strategic change. Collaborates with account management team to identify opportunities to drive growth with new and existing customers. Acts as an industry thought leader to advise customers on digital transformation. Identifies common industry requirements with high business impact for ideation internally Digital Win Room [DWR]).
- Seeks feedback from customers (both formally and informally) to identify and understand drivers of satisfaction and dissatisfaction and to provide recommendations. Reviews feedback report, involves other internal teams, and guides team members on ensuring customer and partner satisfaction. Determines the root cause of problems for customers and partners, removes blockers, and establishes recovery action plan to improve customers' overall experience. Gathers competitive insight and proactively shares insight and impacts.
- Generates demand through industry events and other activities/presentations/customer events large scale, high profile). Leverages such engagements to craft tailored industry solution opportunities, working and selling closely with Microsoft’s partners. Shares experiences to mentor junior colleagues.
- Completes the required training and obtains relevant industry and role certifications aligned to the industry solutions discipline, the respective role industry advocates), and to the industry itself. Proactively seeks additional training, including information that adds to the understanding of customers' businesses, and shares it with team members.
- Creates learning materials of the industry, the customer, partners) used for educational training activities and introduces basic and complex content for account management team in engagement and sales interactions. Serves as industry communicators to translate industry knowledge for the account management team during interactions. Provides input into readiness of materials and guidance to junior colleagues in developing learning materials.
Partner Management and Collaboration
- Collaborates with partners to plan and execute on opportunities with resources and partners by driving pipeline for build-with, identifying future requirements for partners, etc.
- Collaborates with the account management team and partners to connect the partner ecosystems to scale business results. Collaborates with partners to generate industry solution opportunities. Collaborates with partner teams One Commercial Partner [OCP]) to carry out competitive recruiting of new partners and helps current partners to understand the industry and develop solutions within that industry. Selects top partners by subsidiary and relevance and identifies organizations as potential partners for Microsoft. Coaches junior colleagues in building partner network.
- Advises and presents internal community discussions v-teams, Account Technology Unit [ATU]) and conversations from an industry perspective with counterparts around the world (mainly informally) to share lessons learned on solutions. Extends relationships with peers and senior team members across solution areas. Creates connections at technical community events. Mentors junior colleagues and develops strategies for best practices to share across areas and potentially across industries.
- Proactively builds knowledge of Microsoft's and other industry-relevant solutions and other capabilities. Proactively builds strong knowledge of the industry, including trends, policy implications privacy), and competitors to act as a subject matter expert and inform decisions on pursuit or withdrawal, provide recommendations on accounts, and establishing learning baseline for junior colleagues. Leads the communication to provide feedback to other teams sales, marketing, engineering) on future product trends or sales blocker and to guide junior industry solutions team members, leveraging deep industry knowledge to articulate nuances and anticipate gaps. Advises and presents at industry communities.
- Embody our and values
- 5+ years proven experience working in a relevant industry domainOR Bachelor's Degree in a relevant Government, Smart Cities & Critical Infrastructures or related field Computer Science, Business Administration) AND 3+ years experience working in Government, Smart Cities & Critical Infrastructures.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 6+ years proven experience working in Government, Smart Cities & Critical InfrastructuresOR Bachelor's Degree in Government, Smart Cities & Critical Infrastructures or related field Computer Science, Business Administration) AND 5+ years proven experience working in a relevant industry domainOR Master's Degree in Government, Smart Cities & Critical Infrastructures or related field Computer Science, Business Administration) AND 3+ years of proven experience working in a relevant industry domain.
- 6+ years proven solution or services sales experience in Government, Smart Cities & Critical Infrastructures OR 6+ years proven experience in deep industry role.